Memberships are now based on a rolling, annual membership. You will receive a membership renewal ‘reminder’ (via email) about 1 month before your membership expires next year.
Can I join WAKSA offline?
No, as a volunteer organisation, we prefer all membership applciations to be made online to reduce the administration overhead for the Committee. If this poses a big issue for you, please contact WAKSA.
What are the benefits of a WAKSA membership
There are many great benefits to being a WAKSA member:
- you get $10m public liability insurance cover
- you can take part in all WAKSA events
- you are supporting the Association that supports you
- it’s a great way to meet other kitesurfers in Western Australia
- you’ll be in the know when it comes to anything kitesurfing in WA!
How is the membership fee spent by WAKSA?
Your WAKSA membership fee ($125) is used for several things as follows:
- $65 goes to Public Liability Insurance
- $15 goes directly to WAKSA to run events and to keep YOUR Association operating
- $45 goes to KA for the membership system, welcome packs and their role to manage kitesurfing on a national scale
When and I insured from?
You are insured from the time that your membership is approved and is valid for a 12 month period, from the date you join WAKSA.
Do I qualify for the insurance?
Am I insured when I go on holiday overseas?
The WAKSA insurance policy covers most overseas countries except for the United States of America and Canada. Please have a look at the V-Insurance Group Information Portal to ensure you’re covered.
VERY IMPORTANT: WAKSA Public Liability Insurance is NOT a replacement for your normal holiday insurance.
How long does it take to receive my membership pack and tag?
It normally takes 14 – 21 days from receipt of your payment. If after 21 days you haven’t received anything from us, please contact WAKSA and let us know.